London, 13th July 2021: A list of the top 40 trailblazing fintech’s and 10 of the world’s best influencers has just been confirmed. The 2021 Fintech Power 50 launched this afternoon, live on stage at Fintech Week London. With almost 1,000 companies nominated and 15,000 votes – this year has not just exceeded expectations, it’s smashed them.
The Fintech Power 50 is an exclusive annual programme, which acts as a hub for driving change and creativity in the financial services industry. The confirmed participants this year demonstrates an increased geographical spread for the 2021 cohort, with fintech’s not just from the UK and Europe, but also North America, Asia and MEA.
Mark Walker, Co-Founder and Chief Operating Officer, revealed the eagerly awaited list to a live audience of 300 people at Fintech Week London, the first physical fintech event in the UK since the global pandemic and partner of the Fintech Power 50.
He said, “I’m delighted to announce our final list, live at Fintech Week London. This year we’ve seen not just more nominations from the industry than before but also an increase in voting with over 15,000 votes.
“It’s been a fantastic year for the Fintech Power 50, and I’m proud to say that our latest cohort will have more of a geographical split as the number of companies included that have headquarters in either Asia or North America has also increased.”
Other key stats for 2021’s intake, the third cohort of The Fintech Power 50, include:
● 8 Female-led businesses (out of 40)
● 3 Influencers from Asia-Pacific (out of 10)
● 3 Influencers from North America (out of 10)
● 4 Influencers from Europe (out of 10)
Inclusion in the prestigious list not only showcases the most exciting companies and informed individuals in the industry, but also offers members access to The Fintech Power 50’s trusted network of fintech companies and leaders, alongside invitations to networking events and support with talent acquisition.
New Partner for 2021, accountants and business advisors Moore Kingston Smith, is happy to lend its backing to the latest cohort. Partner and Head of Financial Services/Fintech, Tom Moore, said, “Now in its third incarnation, the Fintech Power 50 has proved its ability to support high growth scale up companies. At Moore Kingston Smith, we’re proud to work with fintech’s who have similar growth goals which made our partnership an obvious choice.”
The Fintech Power 50 includes some of the biggest hitters in the global financial services industry, new for this year are:
● Emmanuel Daniels, Founder, The Asian Banker, Wealth and Society and Bankquality.com
● Lucy Liu, Airwallex, Co-founder & President
● Fernn Lim of Standard Charter Ventures, featured in the Top 5 Women in Fintech APAC and Top 25 Global Women in Fintech
● Dr Leda Glyptis, Chief Client Officer at 10x Future Technologies
● Ron Shevlin, Director of Research at Cornerstone Advisors, Senior Contributor at Forbes
They join returning influencers like Ghela Boskovich, a leading expert on banking regulatory and innovation matters and Jim Marous, the globally recognised financial industry strategist.
Brilliant international businesses honoured on the list also include:
● KUDA Bank, building the biggest bank for Africans
● Tink, the Open Banking advocate
● Featurespace, the world leader in Enterprise Financial Crime prevention
● Curve, which offers One Card, One App, Zero Hassle
● Checkout.com, a leading cloud-based payments solutions provider
● Vesta, the only instant, end-to-end transaction guarantee platform for online purchases and Bybit offering crypto traders a professional platform
This year’s Fintech Power 50 list was revealed on Tuesday 13th July at 5pm on the main stage of Fintech Week London. You can find out more details and a full list at www.thepower50.com
Nominations for the 2022 intake will open in Spring next year.
The list runs from July 2021 to the end of June 2022.
For further quotes and interviews please contact: Ailish McDonnell.
Top ten influencers
+ Jim Marours
+ Fernn Lim
+ David Birch
+ Ron Shevlin
+ Lucy Liu
+ Dr Leda Glyptis
+ Emmanuel Daniel
+ Chris Skinner
+ Ghela Boskovich
+ Theo Lau
Top 40 Fintechs
Embark (Via The Agency Partnership)
ADVANCE.AI (Advanced Intelligence Pte Ltd)
Wing Money (Cambodia)
PassFort is a SaaS RegTech provider whose platform automates financial crime and compliance processes. Founded in 2015 by Donald Gillies and Henry Irish, PassFort is headquartered in London and has supported more than 5 million customer onboarding journeys in 197 countries worldwide.
Our solutions enable regulated financial services companies to rapidly onboard customers then manage risk and compliance standards throughout the customer lifecycle. Born in the cloud, our approach is designed for the digital economy. Solutions are hardware-free, affordable, flexible to configure and easy to use.
More efficiency. Great customer experiences. No compromise.